Wednesday 19 May 2010

Reliable Knowledge

This is the title of an inspirational book by John Ziman that I read as an undergraduate. So I must give thanks for inspiring me to write this Blog but I must also point out that there is no other connection between Ziman's book and what I write here.

The actual reason for writing this Blog is to provide a set of course materials for an MSc course on Scientific Method that I will be running in September. This Blog is to provide the pre-course reading and also some of the resources for discussion groups during the week long course. The idea is to create a large-scale narrative frame-work that can by followed in a non-linear way depending on the views and questions of the students.

Another way to think of it is like a set of post-it notes each with a single bite-sized piece for revision. It is the way you link them together that makes the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment